The most interesting stop on the trip is the ancient Haida village site of K'uuna Llnagaay (Skedans).
The site has not been inhabited since the 1880's but a few poles and remains of dwellings are still visible.
Although Louise Island is outside the boundaries of Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and National Marine Conservation Area Reserve, K'uuna Llnagaay is included in the Haida Heritage Site.
Haida Watchmen stay at the site throughout the summer at this dwelling:
"Skedans village is located on the neck of a peninsula of land at the head of Cumshewa Inlet. A high rocky prominence at the end of the peninsula offered a perfect site for a fort to protect the village. Skedans is a European rendering of the name of the town chief, Gida'nsta. The Haida name for this town is Koona, or in the old days Huadji-lanas, which means Grizzly Bear Town."
The village was located on a peninsula with beach access from two sides, giving the inhabitants an "exit" route if attacked.