Wednesday 19 February 2014

Just a little bit of fluff?

The day was predicted to be cloudy with showers, but the sun shone.

A piece of fluff, a clematis seed head really, caught my eye as it danced in the breeze so you know I had to reach for the camera.



Catching the light so perfectly.

 
Not being poetically gifted myself I offer these quotes:

"Every problem contains within itself the seeds of its own solution."
Stanley Arnold
 
 


Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
Robert Louis Stevenson


 



 
It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring,
who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.
- B. C. Forbes


 

 
 
So delicate and so pretty, caught in the sunshine, they made me stop, take notice and smile. I hope they brought a smile to your day as well.

Maybe it is not too early to start looking at seed catalogues and dreaming of spring.


On the art front I have recently started painting portraits. Here are two quite different subjects; the first is a singer at a country fair and the second is a small child peering out of her stroller.

 
 "Hey Mr. Guitar Man play a song for me" (sorry I didn't get a very good picture of this one):


 
"Guitar Man", watercolour. 13" X 10"

And a small girl peering out from her stroller:
"Small Wonder"
 
That's your Whimsy for this Wednesday, thanks for dropping by,
 
Gillian

10 comments:

  1. the swirls and softness of those seed heads are gorgeous! your paintings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings and photos are poetry. Hope you are well. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely spot on, the seed pod and two paintings, cheers Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo captures, perfect quotes to fit them, and the paintings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and delicate plant. Oh I love your paintings. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the little girl peeking out from under her stroller! Ans I very much like the clematis seed heads too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and beautiful, I really like the pops of red!! And that last painting is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fluff. Your photograph and art are always so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is just wonderful.. you capture expressions so well. And nature's art as captured by your lens is such a treat.

    ReplyDelete